Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Look at this photograph...

I think it's time to share some more random favorite images from the UAE with you. I swear, every time I go out without my camera I regret it. Here are a few times I did get the shot...



Captured this reflection at Souk Madinat after several tries.

This woman is wearing the leather burqua mask I've mentioned in the past, but rarely am I in a good position to take a discrete photograph. Lots of zoom for this one, and I'm skulking behind a pillar in the Gold Souk.


This is something we stopped to figure out. There were these roads by the sea where all of the sudden the next portion would be blocked off by tires and something was scattered thickly all over the road. Turned out to be...little fish, drying. Lots of little fish.

This was a fortunate shot I got walking back to the car after a race, carrying Thomas and my gear as well. I had the camera out at waist level and pointed it the general right direction while looking down and forward. Cropped, the image was perfect...early morning light, a bicycle, and a man brushing his teeth contemplatively.

More serious zoom, though I think I might have gotten busted by the subjects this time. Who could not want to photograph that light, that face?


Coconuts. I couldn't resist the greens with the blue and burgundy in the background. These are ready for the juicemaker man to whack with his formidable machette and serve with a straw to drink the sticky sweet coconut water inside.

4 comments:

Will & Cheyenne said...

Those are so great! You are gonna be so grateful someday you have this all documented so well!

dorothy said...

I think my dad would have loved these! Sneak a couple more for him.

sherrip said...

You are such a sneak! When I was in the Philippines I wanted to sneak some pictures of some of the people in the small villages, but am to self conscious to even try to sneak. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Natalie! I can't believe we are in the same country. I am impressed you got the pic of the lady with the burqua mask, let alone that you knew what it was called! I had asked my husband about them and when he first saw one, he was dumbfounded.
You should really consider compiling these photos for a coffee table book or something ... really!