Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green eggs and ham...



For St Patrick's Day dinner I made green eggs (omlettes) and ham (eek!), and green buttered toast, and green cottage cheese. My hands are all green from the blue and yellow food coloring I used. I let the kids drink cherry 7-UP out of frozen beer steins. The meal looked completely and utterly nauseating. The kids completely and utterly went for it. They were so stuffed they didn't even make it to the mint chocolate chip ice cream.


Mike and I, however, celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary with grilled rib-eye. No equality in our household.


Our new Scottish neighbor noted that Thomas and I were both wearing green, and when I said it was for St Patrick's Day he said "Well, I'll have to go dig me up a Guinness, then."


The Scots are so practical.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh! I forgot all about St. Patty's Day AND our 7th Anniversary, which was on the 16th!! When is your anniversary? I remember our birthdays are only 1 day apart, but wedding, too?? Creepy. So funny about your neighbor! And it was that "turkey ham" or something of the like, right? ;) I peeked into the pork section the other day and the guys behind the counter laughed at me ... :)

Natalie said...

It would have been easy to forget St Patty's here, but it's one of my favorites. The ham was actually (brace yourself) bacon bits in the omlette. I know, I know. Our anniversary is indeed the 17th, which makes me think of the Coal Creek Porter from Big Time brewery in the U district we had for our wedding. Pork, alcohol...not a halal blog entry! :)

*Paula* said...

I lost the green food coloring somewhere between the supermarket and home because Molly also requested green eggs and ham! She had to make do with just eggs and ham. The shame!! We had a fun day all the same because some neighbors had a party and they had enough green food products to make up for our lack. Happy anniversary!!