Thursday, June 12, 2008

Don't stop believin'...

Freaking out. At least, that's what we're doing.A flurry of phone calls to friends and family. A realisation that we will get to bring exactly 2 suitcases apiece, our laptops, two small children and a car seat. This is zen clutter reduction at it's most extreme.

Many many hours in the air to get there. The flying with kids has us anxious. (you think?)

Current weather in Seattle: 56 degrees and cloudy. 73% humidity, rain sprinkles. I love it here.

Current weather in Dubai: (and it's the middle of the might there) 83 degrees. 78% humidity. Tomorrow will be 98 degrees and counting.

Soon I'll have to start thinking in Celsius, kilometers, and calculating suscreen requirements.

I've never been to Dubai. Actually, I've never been to the Middle East.
We're jumping in with both feet. I think "geronimo!" would be appropriate at this moment.

Once or twice I've felt just like Wile E Coyote in the moment he realises he ran off the edge of a cliff, the dust clears and he looks down. Of course, after that he begins to fall.

Geronimo indeed! The coyote always gets back up.

What an adventure.

No comments: