Monday, May 3, 2010

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

This...is so Dubai. Sometimes we say that about the latest inconvenience that crops up, but this is Dubai in a good way:


White sand beach, warm sea breezes, kite surfers cavorting in the waves, and a beautiful mosque.



And Thomas, who is still a little bit afraid of the water. Which is for the best, trust me.



And Bethy, who thinks she is part mermaid, part Olympian athlete.




Some days....days in Dubai days...are pure magic.


I know I will miss days like these when we move on. We have a few months left, but are making sure to take advantage of those last days of bearable weather before it truly gets too hot, even for my kids; Bethy put on a coat to go out into the 89 degrees the other morning because it was also windy. Whatever will they do when we go back to real life?


That's the other magical thing, huh? I am sure they'll be just fine.


1 comment:

Friendly Neighborhood Librarian said...

How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Dubai?

Ha ha
I hope you get the reference. That's an OOOOOLD song.