Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All in all you're just another brick in the wall... (part 2)

A quick addendum (as I sit here mentally gnawing my fingernails ever the elections going on in the US) to the HR story. Mike came home last night shaking his head. An HR rep had called him all in a tizzy about getting some papers re-signed immediately (please keep in mind that it has been a good three weeks since the kids and my visas expired).


She said that "they" had "had a problem with his signatures."

"What does that mean?" Mike asked.


"I don't know", she replied, "they had a problem with your signatures." (Personal opinion here: I think this translates to we lost the paperwork again, though I could be mistaken.)


So as Mike is going through the papers, signing everything (again), he said to the HR rep, "I see some here for my wife, and my son. What about the paperwork for my daughter?"


"You have a daughter?" she asked.


You remember when Charlie Brown would go "AAAUGH!"?


That pretty much sums it up for me.

No comments: